The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX for Game Boy Color is the upgraded re-release of Link’s Awakening with several new additions, the most prominent of which function as the whole game is currently in colour. The engines and colour palettes in both of Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages matches are probably based on Link’s Awakening DX’s. It can also be performed on a Game Boy, with some features disabled.
The game was also made on the Nintendo 3DS eShop on June 7, 2011 at the purchase price of $5.99 US.
Differences from Link’s Awakening
The Camera Shop
In northern Ukuku Prairie is a Camera Shop possessed by a mouse photographer. Sometimes in the match, the photographer can take a photograph of Link and the occasion. The photograph can then be considered at any moment in the photo album within the store, and the picture will fade into seven different colors when viewed. There are a total of twelve movies, and each may be published from the Game Boy Printer. Even the Game Boy Printer function does not work with the Nintendo eShop re-release of this match on the Nintendo 3DS, as the original hardware isn’t compatible with all the console anyway.
One of the photographs is taken inside the photograph shop by asking the photographer to shoot Link’s image, and he will ask Connect several questions when Connect wants his photo taken.read about it zelda links awakening rom from Our Articles This photograph actually has another picture. If Link agrees he needs his photo taken, he will pose with a peace sign. If he answers each of the questions with no, he’ll be stunned by the camera flash. There’s not any way to find both photographs in a single match file.
To actually begin getting photos, Link will need to stop by the photo shop to receive his picture taken. Afterwards, the mouse will give him the picture album. Link is only going to be able to encounter the other photo events once he’s gotten this photograph and the photograph record, else the occasions could be ignored. The mouse will not take a photograph of Link when he has Madame MeowMeow’s Chain Chomp, BowWow; along with even the Blue Rooster after him. In case Marin is following him, all photos except those that call her are somewhat inaccessible.
Among the other most noteworthy modifications in Link’s Awakening DX is that the discretionary, concealed Color Dungeon. Unlike the other dungeons in the game, it’s shorter than many. Connect can go in the dungeon once he returns BowWow to Madam MeowMeow after clearing the second dungeon, Bottle Grotto.
Although the updated version overall can be used with previous Game Boy models, the dungeon contains lots of puzzles which are tremendously based on real colours, therefore the Color Dungeon cannot be entered when playing Link’s Awakening DX over the old versions, thus necessitating the use of a Game Boy Color.
- The game has been given a color palette.
- The original had an all-green Super Game Boy colour palette but no special SGB border. DX has a Super Game Boy border along with a normal color palette.
- The Instruments of the Sirens currently fade in seven different colours.
- Fade in/out impacts are significantly less debilitating, such as when using a bomb or even a dungeon warp.
- The Photographer and the photo side quest were inserted.
- An extra dungeon known as the Color Dungeon was inserted. It had been added to make the most of the Game Boy Color’s color screen, so it is inaccessible when played to a Game Boy. The reward for finishing the dungeon is really a colored tunic that fosters Link’s defensive or attack power.
- The Start menu was modified to show the various color tunics, if Select is pressed.
- Various torso contents were changed in dungeons.
- Many areas have experienced their landscape shifted between the matches.
- The Genie boss currently throws fireballs much more gradually.
- Different bugs and glitches were also fixed.
- The title screen was slightly changed, most noticeable being the accession of clouds around the egg.
- Additional dialog has been added, such as upon getting the L2 Sword.
- The German versions of this game have new dialog for Cukeman, which eliminates the sexual allusions which were initially said in the initial game.
- The Stone Slabs have been changed into Owl Statues that resemble the match owl character and the Stone Slab Fragments were also changed into Stone Beaks. More tips were added.
- The key end was changed. Rather than Marin floating round the screen with wings, she is currently regarded as a seagull using her image on the monitor.
- Players can no longer skip most a character’s dialog by pressing B.
In all localized DX versions (although maybe not the Western DX), today she loses her Necklace.